Adding or editing users to Huler is simple and intuitive.
To get started, navigate to your Admin Settings.
Then, head over to the ‘Users’ tab in your context menu and click into 'Bulk Upload'
You now have two ways of adding users to your Huler directory.
Below explains how to add users using the CSV upload function. For manual uploads, follow this Link.
Click on which takes you to the follow page:
From here, simply follow the four steps outlined above.
Populating the CSV file
When you download the CSV file for the first time, you will get the standard template that you need to fill in and will look like the below (we have pre-populated ours to help):
The CSV file has 13 headings, which we have broken down into three sections to explain what they are and what to do with them.
All of the fields to be completed here are the 'Attributes' needed to create an Audience group.
Learn more about Audiences here.
- Mandatory fields (if these are not completed, the upload will fail)
- email - the unique identifier for Huler, must be a legitimate '@' address
- name - full name in the one box
- phone - for the csv to work, the phone number must be in the format shown above i.e. (+44)7793000000, with your specific country code in brackets. Note - there must be a + and two numbers in the brackets.
2. Optional fields
- band - free text
- department - free text
- employeeid - free text
- gender - free text
- geo - free text
- location - free text
- isManager - can only be a TRUE or FALSE value
- role - free text
- startdate - must be in the data format dd/mm/yyyy for example October 2nd 2022 should read 02/10/2022.
- oldemail - DO NOT USE. This is for future development and can be left blank.
Important: Attributes are case sensitive, so make sure that all entries perfectly match or a new attribute will be added.
Uploading the csv file
Once you have completed and added all information into the CSV, simply choose the file from your computer and hit the Import Users button. If successful, you will have two screens:
- Pre-upload check:
This will tell you how many users are being added, deleted or updated.
If you are happy then click Proceed.
- Post-upload confirmation
If everything has gone well, you will receive confirmation of the changes made in the form below.
Following successful upload, you should see all user changes in the user section and any additions to organisational attributes will be automatically updated for you.
What if something goes wrong?
We have designed specific error messages to help you along the way if something goes wrong, which should help point you in the right direction. For anything else, please raise a ticket and we will be happy to help.